We are very happy that you are considering a visit to Starlight Family. We wholeheartedly welcome all of our worldwide family with love and respects. Kiboga and the surrounding area is a very friendly place but please bear in mind that this is a poor area and some people find the level of poverty disturbing. In order to help you make the right decision whether a visit is right for you we have compiled this list of what to expect.
What we can’t do
- Our charity has very little funds so as much as we would like to we are unable to finance any of your stay
- We do not yet have any property suitable for visitors so accommodation will need to be in a local guest house
What we can do
- Help to find accommodation and transport and give you an estimate of the costs before you arrive*
- The director of Starlight Family, Lukyamuzi James will be available to show you around the area and the different parts of the Starlight Family projects
- Let you know the local customs and ways of being respectful within the community
- Arrange a Skype meeting with UK volunteers who have previously visited or Lukyamuzi James so you can ask questions
What you need to do
- Have a clear idea how much time you would like to spend with us before you come: i.e. amount of days and how much time each day
- Have an idea what you would like to do during your visit so we can plan ahead ideas include:
Visiting the different projects
Visiting local areas and people
Sharing skills and life lessons with beneficiaries
Spending time with the children
Working on land/ horticulture projects
Sometimes visitors raise money or collect material donations for a particular project e.g. the provision of mosquito nets or clothing donations and then visit to implement it.
- Abide by local customs and laws.
- Keep us informed if your plans or arrangements change
- Give us emergency contact details for a relative or friend
* Please note prices and exchange rates are liable to change on a daily basis
The staff and children of Starlight Family look forward to giving you a warm welcome. If you are still interested in visiting please drop us an introductory email to friendsofstarlightfamilyuk@gmail